Welcome to my website.
I am an enthusiastic amateur wildlife photographer, constantly on the lookout for new photographic opportunities. I have enjoyed photographing a huge range of animals from the massive blue whale to the smallest of creatures such as butterflies and dragonflies.
Except for the category ‘in captivity’, all of my photographs are taken in their natural environment and there is an emphasis, where possible, on capturing animal behaviour.
I have received commendations from the Bird Photographer of the Year competition (2017), and my images have been published in
- RSPB Love Nature calendar, 2014
- BBC Wildlife magazine
- BBC Wildlife Calendar, 2019
- RSPB magazine
- Charles Darwin’s ‘On the Origin of Species’ (young reader’s edition) adapted by Rebecca Stefoff, published 2018
On my site, you will find wildlife from my own garden and from some amazing places, including the Arctic and Antarctica, the USA and Canada, Central and South America, Australia, Europe, Africa, South-east Asia and the Indian sub-continent.
Click on the thumbnail to see the larger image, some comment about it and a slideshow. Click again to enlarge the picture.
If you would like to buy any image, see a greater selection of any one species or if you are interested in something which is not exhibited, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com. I may have what you are looking for. The images on the site have been reduced in size but I have the originals.
The copyright to all of these images is mine. All income I generate is donated to Christians Against Poverty (CAP) and WaterAid.
I live in Huddersﬁeld, West Yorkshire and conduct photographic presentations to a wide variety of groups, both private and public, in return for a charitable donation. My current subjects are:
- Foraging, feeding and fighting – a particularly interesting look at the behaviour and survival tactics of a wide variety of birds and animals from all over the world.
- The South Florida birding trail – one of the best places in the world to get up close and personal to wildlife, from America’s giant alligators to the magnificent osprey and the beautiful painted bunting.
- Desert and Delta (Namibia and Botswana) – wild dogs, leopards, huge birds of prey, butterflies and the beetles of Namibia’s desert with an amazing technique for collecting drinking water.
- Pole Dancing – a skip and a hop from Svalbard to Canada, Greenland and Alaska – polar, grizzly and black bears, arctic foxes, whales and walruses, as well as a host of birds and the occasional calving glacier!
- Cortez to California – from the biggest animal that ever lived, the massive blue whale, grey (friendly) whales, flying mobula rays and breaching humpbacks of the Sea of Cortez and Baja’s peninsula, to the tiny hummingbirds of California. An amazing mix of intriguing wildlife.
- A Sri Lanka sojourn – a trip through some of Sri Lanka’s best national parks and countryside in search of the incredible birds and animals of this part of the Indian sub-continent.
- Yorkshire Mixture – a selection of images from the Sea-birds of Bempton Cliffs to the squirrels of Snaizeholme, and, of course, the birds and animals from my own back garden.
- Taking Nature – a selection of some of my favourite images of animals, birds, reptiles and insects – hummingbirds, kingfishers, owls and ospreys, whales and dolphins, portraits and action – and there’s a story with each one.
New for 2019 will be:
- Penguins and Pinnipeds, an expedition to Antarctica, South Georgia, the Falkland Islands and Tierra del Fuego,
- Land of the Tiger, an introduction to the wildlife of four of Central India’s best reserves.
- ‘Pure Life’, the exotic wildlife of Costa Rica.
My 2019 speaking engagements so far, include:
12 January 2019, Beaumont Park, Huddersfield, photographic club – ‘Taking nature’
11 June 2019, Kirkheaton community centre – ‘Penguins and pinnipeds’ (Probably..)
6 November 2019, Shepley bird and wildlife group – TBA
I hope you enjoy your visit,